Since 1996 the Toyota RAV4 has been sold in America. It was the first really stylish, sporty and utilitarian SUV that caught my eye. Apparently it caught the eyes of many prospective buyers. One of the most desirable features is the engine lineup, especially as it matured through three generations as Toyota figured out what people wanted.
Toyota engines are very reliable, however, for those interested in Affordable Crate Engines for Sale: Toyota RAV4, a crate engine is, in my opinion a viable and cost effective solution. Especially when you compare the cost of said engine to the mileage delivered.
Toyota kept the engine choices simple until the third generation which Toyota introduced in 2006 and is still the current generation of RAV4’s. The first generation RAV4 was made in America from 1996 to 2000. The only engine option was a 2.0 liter inline 4 cylinder engine called the 3S-FE. A rather ordinary power-plant, yet highly reliable. It simply was not enough power for most folks.
If you were to need one, it is very affordable in the crate engine form, which makes it very desirable for those looking for maximum lifespan and the least amount of problems.
Even the gen.2 models made from 2001 to 2005 were limited in engine variety, but there were 3 engine choices available in said years.
- 2.0 liter inline four, code: 1AZ-FE
- 2.0 liter diesel 4 cylinder coded: 1CD-FTV
- 2.4 liter 4 cylinder engine; Coded 2AZ-FE.
The third and last generation, still in production was introduced in 2006, finally Toyota added some excitement to the engine lineup. Let me show you the lineup offered in the newest RAV4’s:
- 2.0 L 1AZ-FE I4. The 1AZ-FSE features Toyota’s D-4 direct injection system. The Toyota AZ engine family are all inline-4 cylinder gasoline engines. The AZ family uses an aluminum alloy engine block with cast iron cylinder sleeves and aluminum alloy DOHC cylinder heads.
- 2.2 L 2AD-FTV turbodiesel I4; The Toyota AD engine family is a series of DOHC inline-4 cylinder diesel engines.
- 2.2 L 2AD-FHV D-CAT turbodiesel I4:
- 2.4 L 2AZ-FE I4:
- 2.5 L 2AR-FE I4: The AR engine family is a straight-4 piston engine series by Toyota, introduced in 2008 for the RAV4.
- 3.5 L 2GR-FE V6:
Not everybody knows exactly what a crate engine is. The best people to describe what a crate engine is, and provide you with a cost effective solution, are the people on our team.
Speak with a living human being who speaks your language, ‘how to choose the best replacement crate engine for your interests’. Call right now. Ask about our peace of mind warranty.